Monday, February 28, 2011

FAIL

So today was one of those days where it just seemed like one giant failure after the next.  It started off with me struggling to finish my workout...I got so frustrated that I was banging my fist on the floor almost in tears because I couldn't do it!  I finally got so mad I just turned it off halfway through and went to get in the shower.  The day seemed to go downhill from there.

Jenna, my good friend, texted me with some really exciting news and I basically dumped all over her joy, which made me feel even worse.  To her credit she tried to be supportive and was very encouraging.  As I was eating lunch, I realized that it was a bunch of little things that by themselves weren't that big of a deal but lump them all together, suddenly it seemed very dramatic and then somewhat overwhelming.  But of course, the issue is never the issue.  Still not sure what it is but it goes deeper than what I was feeling.

Tonight was our regular Monday night girls night and once again it was a big FAIL for me.  I basically walked in and with little regard for them or what they were feeling backed up my dump truck full of crap and just dumped all over them....not so cool.  Needless to say, I made sure to apologize to them when I realized what I'd done as I was driving home.

All in all, today seemed like a waste.  But as I was laying here in my bed thinking about what I wanted to write about I realize once again that there is hope.  Hope for a brand new day, mistake-free, failure-free, and a whole host of other things.  And joy in having people in my life who continue to love me in spite of myself and my own selfishness.  So while I'm sooo grateful that today is over and I can put it behind me, I look forward to a new day tomorrow - a clean slate if you will.  Thank you Jesus for showing me that there is hope! And here's to looking forward to Tuesday...bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. ...and not only a new day but a brand new month, WooHoo! We all do that girl, you know, get consumed in our own 'stuff' and think it's THE most important thing ever so we dump and vent until we feel better and bring everyone who was actually having a good day up to that point, down to our level of cynicism and frustration. I am so guilty of that. Anyway, you are not alone and it's a brand new month!! Bring on some sunshine and a new attitude God! :D Love you girl

    ReplyDelete