Saturday, February 19, 2011

Unrecognizable

So today was one of the days where I just shake my head and laugh!  I went to church for a class this morning and while we were sitting in the Cafe, one of the guys that goes to one of our other campuses walked in.  As he walked toward me, he sort of did a double take and he proceeded to tell me that he almost didn't recognize me.  He said, "did you lose like 15 lbs or more?  Seriously, I didn't recognize you!"  I wasn't quite sure how I should take that...I mean was I a fattie before?

About an hour later, we were on a break and I went to the bathroom.  While I was in there I saw a woman who I'd been in the same group with and knew fairly well.  She didn't really speak to me and so I said hello.  She turned around and said "wow, I didn't recognize you!  You've lost a ton of weight!"  Really???  I didn't know what to think but all I could do is laugh.

I mean, when someone says that to you, how do you take that?  I'm never sure whether I should be complimented or  not but I guess its good that I'm skinny, huh??  The sad thing is people then want to know what I'm doing...how do I say it's stress and life circumstances?  Oh well...that's life right?

No comments:

Post a Comment