Monday, February 21, 2011

Death by Exercise

One of the things that has been so difficult for me over the past few months is the stress level that I've carried.  As I've been going to Healing Journey I've realized that I have a lot of anger and frustration that I need to get out.  So I started looking around for something that would enable me to do that in a healthy manner.  I used to run but I have a bad knee so I knew I couldn't do that without spending a lot of money as well as possibly doing even more damage to my knee.

So of my guy friends did P90x last summer and let me tell you, they all looked amazing when they finished the 90 day cycle.  I started asking questions and made the decision to tackle this workout.  I didn't realize that my friend Sarah is actually a Beach Body coach so she gave me some helpful hints as well.

This morning I got up at 6:30 to start my first day of working out.  First of all, I hate morning so getting up to exercise was not something I was looking forward to.  Overall, I felt good about it until I got to the ab section - let me just say I got my butt kicked.  I used to do Pilates so I'm pretty good at ab stuff but this one killed me.  I couldn't do half of the exercises and you're meant to do 25 reps of each.  All I can say is - thank God I don't have to do that workout every day! My goal is to make it through the 90 days and be able to drop 2 sizes by the time August rolls around.  So here's to getting up again tomorrow morning and getting my butt kicked all over again!

On a totally random note: I have 7 followers now!  Yay!!!

2 comments:

  1. WAY to go ANG! I am so proud of you!! Getting up early is so hard to do so go ahead..you can do it girl! I can't wait to see the results, you already look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I'm excited to be a new follower! Kyle did P90X last year... well, he did 60 days of it and then traveled a bunch and got out of the rhythm. Lucky me, I was pregnant and didn't have to. Now I don't have an excuse.

    ReplyDelete