Monday, February 14, 2011

Little Blue Boxes

I think almost everyone knows about the little blue boxes.  I've always dreamed about someday going to Tiffany's and picking out something special.  Well, a few years ago I was given a Tiffany's bracelet....right off the arm of a woman who I only knew casually.  What?  I know it sounds crazy...let me explain!

2007 was the beginning of a few years of rough going.  I was at church for an event and this woman walked up to me and told me that every time she'd seen me over the past few weeks, she felt the Lord prompting her to give me her bracelet (I'd admired it previously).  She gave it to me along with a promise she felt like God had give her for me.  She gave me the bracelet and when she put it on, she told me that she felt like it was to be a reminder to me that God had someone special for me and that I shouldn't lose hope.  You see, I'm single and have never been married, although its something I've dreamed about for a long time.  I burst into tears on the spot because I'd just had a conversation with a good friend about 20 minutes before.

That bracelet has become one of my most prized possessions.  Some days I put it on because I need to be reminded that there is hope, not just in regard to marriage but to life in general.  I feel like I need to wear that bracelet every waking moment right now.  You see, I met someone recently, and thought wow God, this is it!  This is the one you've had for me....but then it ended.  I still miss him, sometimes so much I can't stand it.  But when I look at that bracelet I'm reminded of that promise and tell myself that I'll get past this too because I have hope!  Not to mention a very cool Tiffany's bracelet!

Today is Valentine's Day and I'm not gonna lie and say it was easy but it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be.  Somehow I made it through another year of being alone and have hope that next year I'll have someone to spend it with and if not, well then there's the year after right?

No comments:

Post a Comment