Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm Thankful

Today was one of those days when I was reminded of how lucky I really am and that no matter what happens, I have hope.

I recently changed jobs and have been building relationship with the people (P and J) who work across the hall from me.  I don't believe that either one of them are Christians but they both know I am.  J has shared a bit of her life with me and has been open to what I've had to say about Jesus.  A few weeks ago, her brother was hit by a car and she immediately texted me and asked me to pray.  She's continued to share things with me and texts me to ask for prayer, etc.  Unfortunately, today at lunch, her brother passed away.   She texted me to let me know but as of now I haven't heard back from her.  I know that somehow God is going to use this.

I've also been working part-time at Loft and have been building relationships with the people there.  Most of them don't love Jesus either but are totally open to talking about it and several of them have asked for prayer on more then one occasion.  Today when I got the text from J it turned out that several of them knew the cousins of the boy who died and it threw them into absolute meltdowns.  I stood there helplessly while I listened to them cursing and crying, talking about how crazy this was and they didn't know how much more they could handle and it wasn't fair, etc etc.

In that moment, I realized that I had something they didn't..I have hope!  Even though my life seems rough right now, I know that I can pray and give it all to Jesus and He will take that from me.  I have hope that some day soon, life will turn around and I will find my joy.  But they don't have that...they are broken individuals who are relying on their own strength to get them through.  I really care about these people and I don't believe for one second that it's a coincidence that they are in my life in this particular moment in time.  I don't know how it will turn out or how God will use this, but I know that He will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment