Thursday, February 24, 2011

Leeaavving On a Jet Plane.....

Ok so I'm not leaving and certainly not on a plane...sorry for tricking everyone!  But my sister is.  Most of you know that my sister Tanya and her husband Lamar are moving to Peoria to help with a church plant.  In fact they will be moving in 4 weeks from tomorrow.  I've known that this day would come for quite some time and honestly, I've been ok with it.  Until now.

My whole life, I've been the one to move away.  No one else in my family has ever lived outside of Arthur.  Since I've been 18, I've moved away, come back for a few years, moved away again and so the pattern went.  I moved back to Illinois in 2001 and thought for sure I'd move on and yet I'm still here.  But that's not really the point of this post.  I guess its weird for me to be on the other end of the spectrum, knowing that they will be meeting new people, having new adventures, and I'll be here.  I'm super excited for them and know that this is what God has for them and can't wait to hear all the amazing stories.  By the way, here's a photo of them with the kiddos:



Part of me is jealous because they know what they're doing and get to go and live out God's plan for them.  But the thing that I'm the most sad about is that I won't get to see them as often as I do now.  Going and spending all weekend with them, our Sunday night hang-outs, having Tanya meet me for lunch, and the list goes on.  I know they are less then 2 hours away but me being the one that's left behind is new to me....so I'm feeling a bit emotional about it.  And let's be honest, I'm going to miss this little girl as well:


















We always joke that she's my daughter....I hope she doesn't forget me!  So even though I'm sad, I just want to say that I wish them all the best and know that they are about to have one exciting adventure.  And hey, the good news is that I'll finally have my own room when I stay with them, and yes it's my room, not Amy & Eric's room!  And I'm pretty sure that Jenna and I will be spending a lot of time in Peoria this summer!

1 comment:

  1. We don't mind if ya'll stay in our room as long as you wash the sheets afterwards. ;)

    ReplyDelete