Monday, January 24, 2011

When You Least Expect It

Today was one of those days that snuck up on me and surprised me.  I was reminded again that just when you least expect it, God can bring little surprises into your life.  I had a jewelry party at my house tonight and typically I invite all my close friends and then the people who are on the fringe.  You know the ones I'm talking about?  The ones who you sort of know or used to know but just aren't that close to now.  Well, those are the people who showed up.  Now don't get me wrong - I really like all these people but I'm just not close to them.  I had several really great conversations and think a new friendship may have been formed as well tonight which I wasn't expecting.

After they left, I got to talk to a friend who I've never been particularly close to but has always been kind of on the fringe.  Recently however, I've spent more and more time talking to him and have realized how good of a friend he really has become, which I would never have expected! 

As I'm writing this post I'm beginning to realize that sometimes the people you least expect are the ones that God can use more powerfully than the ones who are always there.  I'm not sure why or how that even works but I do know today that I'm thankful for it.  I was truly blessed and encouraged by all the people I got to interact with tonight...oh and I got to try on some really amazing jewelry as well.  That's what I call a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment