Monday, January 10, 2011

Ch-ch-changes

There's been a lot of change happening in my life lately.  Changing jobs after 9 years was the biggest change, but there have been a number of people who have moved in and out of my life as well.  It seems like right now there are more people moving out then there are moving in.
It really hit me this weekend when I was texting my sister and she was telling me all about the house they'd found in Peoria....2 hours away.  And then again as I was reading my friend Adam's latest updates about the interview process he was going through in preparation to move as well.  And listening to a friend talk about how her parents were selling their house and preparing to build a new one!  Yesterday I went back to church for the first time since leaving my job and it was weird...everything was different!  Last night we went and hung out with Carrie, who's leaving at the end of the week as well.  It just seems like everything is changing and frankly, I don't like it.

As I've been thinking about all of these things, I realized why its so hard for me.  Because usually I'm the one moving away or making the big changes.  For what feels like the first time in my life, I'm the one being left behind!  I mean I'm thrilled for everyone and all the things that they feel they're being called to but at the same time, I'm jealous!  Yep I admitted it - I'm jealous because I don't know what the future holds for me.  I thought I had a sense of what that was but it somehow got derailed so now it's back to square one.  So what do I do now?

I'm praying for hope for my future and one thing I know for certain....Jenna and I will be taking a lot of road trips to Peoria over the next few months!  Tanya, you better get my room ready!

1 comment:

  1. Well you could always join us in Peoria ;) And no worries, I'm already trying to figure out what I'm going to do to your room but it will be all ready when you come to visit.

    ReplyDelete