Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Blog is Born

I know that I sort of made reference to why I decided to write a blog in my first post but I wanted to elaborate as well as share with you how I came up with the name (and no, it's not because I love Sandra Bullock!)

A few years ago, life took a rough turn and I was pretty discouraged.  Someone I barely knew prayed for me and she prayed that I would have hope.  Hmm interesting.  I didn't really think about it but from that moment on, every time someone prayed with me, the word hope came up.  Maybe God was trying to tell me something???  During that time, Psalm 62:5 became one of my favorite verses and still is to this day!


It's now 3 years later and that word still gets prayed over me.  I have a dear friend who has made it her mission in life to keep me supplied with amazing Christmas ornaments with the word HOPE on them!  She's also given me several other gifts that say HOPE on them.  Its become a part of who I am....so much so that I'm planning on getting a tattoo based around that word.

As I mentioned in the first post, life had gotten really hard over the last 6 months and I felt myself being dragged down by it, becoming super-negative and not joyous anymore.  Life didn't seem fun.  I don't want to wake up a year from now and be miserable so I decided to take stock of the little things and start paying attention to the things around me, the things that make a difference or are a part of my every day life.  When I decided to start a blog, I knew the word hope had to be involved to some degree.  I decided on Hope Floats because I feel as though hope is once again floating back into my life.  I'm not fully there yet cause I'm still trying to get through the tough stuff, but I know its up ahead and I'm excited to find it.  I'm hoping that some of it will float into your life as well as you read my blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment