Sunday, March 27, 2011

Milestones

Well this weekend was filled with milestones.  The biggest one of course was moving my little sister to Peoria, or technically speaking Morton, IL.  I feel like it was a milestone for me because for the first time, she's the one taking a big step and not me.  I've mentioned before that I'm usually the one moving away so it felt really weird to know that this time it was her.  I have to say that it's still a bit surreal to me because I'm used to driving 40 minutes to see her.  I didn't think it would hit me until I was ready to leave.  Of course, she got teary eyed which made me tear up as well.  I'm excited for her cause I know she and Lamar are about to start a great adventure but I also know the adjustment that comes with moving to a new home in a new town.  I know that both of them will dig in and feel comfortable there in no time.  I think the thing that broke my heart the most was as I was pulling out of the driveway, I looked up and Miss Lauren was standing in the big picture window with Rascal Spot Unicorn Clifford the Big Red Dog Pokey looking at me with her big blue eyes.  I will miss being able to pop in any time but I also know that I'm welcome in Morton any time as well.  Have I mentioned I have my own room?;)

The other big milestone for me was that for the first time in my life, I did a real push-up.  I just finished my 5th week of working out and tomorrow is crazy busy for me so I decided to do tomorrow's work out tonight.  It involves lots of push-ups so I decided to give it a shot.  I did it!  Granted it wasn't very deep but I don't care - I did an honest to goodness real push up.  That was a proud moment for me.  Of course, I couldn't do that for the entire workout but I'm still proud of myself.  And the other part of that is I was finally able to touch the floor with my hands with stretching.  There are days when I question whether anything is happening other than sore muscles but I have to believe that what I'm doing is making a difference.  My hope is to be wearing single digit pants by August!!!

1 comment: