Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring

I'm really excited because I'm a warm weather girl and it's supposed to be almost 60 in a few days which means spring might actually be here.  I've been thinking about that and realized one of the reasons I get so excited about spring is that everything is so new and clean.  The grass is green, the skies are bright, the sun is shining, the birds are singing.....ok maybe that's a bit much but it's like a time for new beginnings.  Hope is stirred up again and it feels like anything is possible.  I just get so excited when I think about the potential for all that can happen.  Like I said, my hope is renewed once again.

And the other thing that I LOVE about spring is the tulips!!  These are my favorite flowers.  When I was growing up, my grandma used to have an insane amount of tulips in every color imaginable.  We used to pick them all the time and they were all over the house.  I never realized how much I loved seeing those tulips every year until I moved to Denver and missed out on them!  I have fond memories of those and knew that summer was almost here when the tulips were blooming.  I've tried to grow some on my own but alas, I've not been successful.  Here's a little picture to get you in the mood for spring:

The pink ones are my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment