Saturday, March 12, 2011

It Would Only Happen to Me

So MK asked me if I was going to blog about this and I told her I didn't know but since it's kind of out there on Facebook, I figured what the heck!  And just so you know, I'm giving you all permission to laugh now before you read this.

Yesterday morning (Friday) I was working out, doing legs and arms.  I've been working out for 3 weeks now and use resistance bands almost every day.  Well yesterday turned out way different than any other day.  I was barely into my workout and was getting ready to do a series of pull-ups.  I'd just started and the next thing I know, I was in excruciating pain!  Somehow the resistance band came loose and the hard plastic ball came back and hit me in the chin with a lot of force.  It hit me so hard me ears were ringing and the pain was bad.  I was so shocked I just stood there and didn't know what to do.  I just held my chin and then thought "wow, that must have left one hell of a mark!"  I turned around and my chin was covered in blood!  Great!  So I went to the bathroom and tried to clean it up but of course it just kept bleeding.  I thought I might have to get stitches at first but thankfully not very deep.

I took some ibuprofen and than put ice on it, all the while thinking I was going to be late for work and I needed to finish my work out.  I did finish it and went to work feeling incredibly self-conscious. I called Sheryl on my way to work and she said to ice it and alternate between ibuprofen and Tylenol, which I did!

After work, I went to meet a friend and she assured me it wasn't as bad as I thought.  We both work at Loft and went in to see about clothes for the event we had today (Saturday).  When we walked in, everyone wanted to know what happened and in the short time it took me to go from work to Loft, my chin turned dark purple, so I looked like I had a beard.  I was so embarrassed.  Christina and I went to Sephora to get some concealer and let me tell you , Kat Von D tattoo concealer is amazing.

When I woke up this morning, my jaw was very stiff and sore.  Brushing my teeth was difficult but I did it.  I worked out and then iced my face for a bit.  I did go to work today and let me just say, that I had a lot of makeup on but it covered up my bruise nicely.  My face is still really sore and I'm sure it's going to look a bit worse before it looks better.  I told Tanya yesterday that this was why I didn't work out! ha

So now you know the story and hopefully you were able to get through this post without laughing too hard.  I've even swallowed my pride and posted a picture so you can see what it looks like!  And last but not least...watch out for those resistance bands!











This was yesterday afternoon


















And this was last night before I went to bed!  It's a little more purple today!

5 comments:

  1. Those things are really dangerous! Kyle has broken both handles off 2 different ones. Lucky for him, it didn't hit him in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I feel your pain. I had a sledding accident once where I did a flip and landed on my face. My chin and forehead looked just like that!
    I hope it un-purples quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't look like a beard. It is pretty swollen though. Praying it heals quickly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember that time you walked in and due to the shadows, I thought you had grown a cleft chin, and I thought, "Since when has Angie had a cleft chin?"

    ReplyDelete