Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 9 - Inspiring Person

So this post was not difficult for me to write at all!  When I looked at this blog initially I knew this would be the easiest one for me to write.  The only thing is there isn't just one person, there are 3 people who have had a major impact on my life.

The first one is my friend Robyn.  She was my small group leader in Denver and she showed me what it meant to be in real relationship with Jesus.  I always loved Jesus but Robyn showed me what that really meant.  She also helped me through the first year after my brother's death and held my hand while I cried, listened to me rant and walked me through a lot of other issues.   For that I can never say thank you enough!  Here's my dear friend:




The next person is my friend Tori.  We lived together for a little while and we had a lot of fun.  The reason she made such an impact on my life is because she was the first person in my life who told me the truth.  She sat me down one night and told me some very harsh truths about myself and then she said I love you in spite of this.  I was so angry at her, that she would dare to speak to me like that.  By the next morning, I realized that what she said was true and was able to go back to her and thank her for speaking truth to me.  When she left, she left a big hole in my life and even though we haven't seen each other for a number of years, we are still close and I love her dearly!  I will forever be grateful to her for speaking truth to me.  And here's my beautiful friend:



And then there's Pam.  I worked with Pam for almost 10 years.  We started out as women who worked together and she became like a sister to me.  This woman has been such an amazing part of my life.  I've always told her she's the American version of Robyn!:)  She has taught me so many things over the years and walked me through some of the most difficult periods of my life (outside of losing my brother) and I know that she will always be a part of my life no matter where I am!  We have laughed, cried, shared our hearts and our lives, learned together, and the list goes on and on.  Here's the two of us at Christmas last year:



I love these women so much and each one of them have made such an impact on me.  I wouldn't be the woman I am today without their wisdom and input.

No comments:

Post a Comment