Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 5 - Morning Sky


I will forever be grateful that I got to see this morning sky!  I was in the right place at the right time and found myself leading an amazing team to Israel for a 2 month trip.  At the end of our time, we toured the country and this was the beginning of our tour.  We got up at 3am one morning and hiked to the top of Masada.  Let me just tell you, I thought I was going to die!  I almost gave up halfway up but being the leader, I couldn't quite let myself to that so I pushed through and I'm forever thankful that I did.  This is what I saw literally minutes after getting to the top.  We stood there as a team and watched the sun rise over the Dead Sea!  It was one of the most beautiful sunrises I'd ever seen!  (Well, let's be honest, one of the few sunrises I've ever seen period!)  Being on top of Masada wouldn't have been half the experience it was if we hadn't got to see the sun rising and I will never forget that beautiful morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment