Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 4 - Leaves

I never realized how grateful I was for fall until I stopped experiencing fall and all that came with it.  I lived in Denver for almost 5 years and there are a lot of evergreens.  If you drive to the mountains in the fall, you can see the yellow aspens and maybe a few red leaves here and there but mostly yellow.

When I moved home in the fall of 2001, I was almost giddy when the leaves changed.  I had forgotten how amazing that time of year could be and was literally overwhelmed by how much I loved fall.  I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the cool mornings that warmed up so much you wondered why you were wearing a sweater and than at night you wanted your sweater again, the nights around the fire, the apple cider and all the other cliches that go with fall.  So whenever I see the leaves, I'm reminded that I am a fall girl, even though I love summer best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment