Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Boys & Birthdays, Part 2

In my last post, I wrote about my nephew Brady.  Well this post is dedicated to my nephew Peyton, who's birthday is May 20th.  He turned the big 06 this year!

While I remember Peyton being born, the only thing that sticks out vividly in my mind is Tanya's fear that her baby was going to be ugly!  Of course, Lisa and I teased her incessantly about this and when we walked into the room the first time to see him, we both said, "Oh that's such a cute hat he's wearing!"  You see sometimes if you don't know what to say to someone who's child is unattractive, you can comment on their articles of clothing.  She knew this and immediately responded with, "I hate both of you!"  Seriously though he was a cute baby and we were thrilled for her.

Tanya wrote about how Peyton was a colicky baby and he really was.  He had digestive issues and I swear to you, I'd never seen a child vomit as much as he did.  The most memorable time was when Tanya and I were running errands and I'd gotten him out of the car in his carrier.  I looked away for 1 second and when I turned back, he was vomiting everywhere.  It was like a geyser and let me just say, I didn't know that much vomit could come out of such a tiny individual.  He filled up the carrier so we had to go back to the house to clean him up.  Once he outgrew that he became quite a sweet child but he also had incredibly sensitive skin so he had a rash as well.  I think it may have been somewhat prophetic that Peyton spent the early years of his life being so sensitive because that's his personality.  He has a very sweet little heart and is very sensitive and kind.  Of course, he's also a typical boy and loves to cause trouble and he HATES to lose!

The other really special thing about Peyton is that he's named after our brother, Wendall.  There are a lot of similarities between the two and their baby pictures are very similar.  It seems as though everyone who knew Wendall comments on how much Peyton is just like him or looks just like him.  In some ways, its like we still have a part of Wendall with us.  I can tell you this much, my brother would have spoiled these kids rotten - they say I'm bad but I don't think there would have been any comparison with him.

It's been fun to watch Peyton turn into a little man.  He loves to play sports as well, especially baseball and he's got a mean throw.  He loves video games and the computer and of course, teasing his sister.  One of my favorite things about him is his voice.  He has such a deep voice for a 6 yr old and it's hilarious when he walks into the room and makes an announcement.  Peyton also has a fondness for wearing too small pajamas.  Tanya has pictures somewhere which I'm sure we'll torture him with someday.  All and all Peyton has the ability to make people smile and most people just love the kid!




















This picture just makes me smile - Happy Birthday buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this, this makes me want to cry a little. This picture describes him to a T, he can make anyone smile and he has such a sweet/tender heart. I just love him. And thank goodness he isn't ugly ;)

    ReplyDelete