Monday, May 23, 2011

Boys & Birthdays

This month two of my 3 nephews had birthdays.  I thought it seemed appropriate for me to share some memories about the both of them since I shared about Lindsey.

Brady was born on May 5th and let me tell you, his birth was very exciting and sad at the same time.  You see I was in Denver when he was born so I got all these phone calls telling me how adorable he was and yet, I couldn't see him.  He was a month old the first time I saw him and wow, was I in love!  He was probably one of the cutest babies I've ever seen and no I'm not biased!:)  My best friend was getting married that day and about 5 minutes before the wedding started, they pulled me into the hall so I could meet him.  I was told I could hold him but if he threw up on me I was in big trouble.  I have a photo of that moment which unfortunately isn't digital so I can't upload it.  I was hooked! He came to visit me in Denver that August and he was even more adorable then the first time I saw him!

Brady was the sweetest little boy and he loved his daddy!  No one could compete with his dad at all - he was a major sports fan as soon as he could make sense of it.  He even learned how to read the sports page and would sit at the table and read all the scores every morning.  When he was really young, the Cubs had a really good year and were in the playoffs.  He knew what time the game was and he made sure that he reminded his mom so she could turn it on for him.  He sat on the couch and watched the entire game and when they lost, it was very clear that his little heart was broken.  He continues to love them to this day.

Another one of my favorite memories is when he was younger, his dad took him to an Illinois game.  They played Michigan State and the half time show were all these little dogs.  It must have made a big impression on him because he was a Michigan State fan for quite a while after that.  It used to frustrate his dad so much - Brady never cheered against Illinois if they played one another but he always would cheer for Michigan State - thank God he outgrew that too.

Brady has grown into quite the young man (or pre-teen as he likes to say).  He's got a really tender heart and can be quite withdrawn in crowds of people but trust me, he's hilarious!  And it always melts my heart to see him with Lauren - he's really good with her and she loves him for it.  He loves his sports and his video games, loves to torment his siblings, and loves his Mountain Dew!:)  Oh, one more fun fact - Brady shares his birthday with 2 of his cousins and since they were all born on Cinco de Mayo they have renamed it Cinco de Masto!

Happy Birthday Bud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment