Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter??

This weekend was one of those crazy, busy weekends that I went into somewhat exhausted.  I worked at Loft on Friday night and then did a long shift on Saturday.  I went to hang out with Jenna & Emily after and by the time I got home, I was more than ready for bed.  I'd only been in bed for a few minutes when I got up to go to the bathroom.  I saw that I had a message on my phone so I checked it.  It was from my sister and I knew that if she was calling me at 11:30 at night, it wasn't good.  I was right - my mom was on her way to the hospital with chest pains, heaviness in her arms, and tingling in her legs.  Thank God for my roommate because I momentarily lost my head and couldn't think straight at all.  She helped me pack all my stuff and made sure I had the important things as well...you know underwear, toothbrush etc. 

By the time I got to the hospital, my sisters were already there and mom seemed to be doing better.  They gave her some meds and had already done an EKG which showed nothing.  We didn't get home until about 2:45 that morning and let's just say no one slept really well.  We got up and went to church, raced home and had lunch, and then back to the hospital.  Mom had another round of chest pains and they did another EKG of which nothing showed up again!  She's still in the hospital waiting on the results of a stress test so if you think about it - pray for her that nothing serious shows up.   And just pray for my dad as well....he's freaked out even though he's trying to not show it.

This morning, I got a phone call and found out some friends of mine had their home broken into and were attacked last night.  They are fine and the attacker wasn't able to get what he had come for.  Because of his (my friend's) quick thinking, they were able to subdue him and the police took him into custody.  I still can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that this happened to someone I know.

I feel so exhausted and overwhelmed by everything that has happened and it made me think (again) about how short life is.  So  here's my question - if you knew your time here was limited what is one thing you'd want to do or what is that one thing you'd want to tell someone?  I know it's kind of a depressing thought especially because we just celebrated Easter but it's sort of where I'm at today.

2 comments:

  1. I'd want you to be sure and know that I live you dearly, even tho we don't hang out much. You make my life happier! <3. Still crazy about the break in. Wow. And prayers fo yo momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On ano note my catchpta or whatever that is to post was GESSES. which sounds like Jesus. And I thought that was cool.

    ReplyDelete