Friday, January 6, 2012

Overwhelmed by Goodness

Everyone has been asking me, "So how's the move been?  How are you feeling about Peoria now?"  It's been hard to answer because I hadn't really been here for more than a few days at a time.  But now I've been here for almost 2 weeks and was reflecting on the move last night.  I was feeling kind of sorry for myself and a bit lonely because I don't really have any friends here, I don't know the city very well, I don't have a real job, etc etc.

Tonight I feel like I'm in a completely different place.  I'm so overwhelmed by the goodness of God and don't even know what I'm feeling.  I got a full-time job this morning and it's a really good job with potential for growth, etc.  In a way I feel guilty because I know there are people here who have been trying to find jobs for several weeks now and I've barely been looking and I got a job already!  At the same time, a part of me was questioning whether or not I made the right decision and I feel like today really confirmed to me that I DID make the right decision!

There are so many emotions right now that I'm not even sure I can adequately put into words how I'm feeling.  Except that I'm very grateful for God's provision in my life right now!!

I am excited to see what else God is going to do in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment