Thursday, October 18, 2012

Will I Ever Learn?

This is the question I asked myself tonight when I was driving home from Loft.  But first, a little back story!  I've been working at CAT since the beginning of the year and yesterday my boss told me that I was going to be laid off!  R u kidding me?  I held it together until I got in the car.  I was driving to Champaign to see a friend and couldn't stop crying - I also said a few words I probably shouldn't have but I figured God understands.

I spent the night laughing and chatting which was what I needed but driving back home, I was once again hit with all kinds of emotion and the tears began to flow.  It was really hard for me to go to work today but I did it.  I was pretty teary this morning and then came the official invite to talk to my representative.  He broke the news to me that I was indeed going to be laid off!  Side note: he was pretty cute so that was an added bonus!   Anyway, he told me my recruiter was expecting to hear from me and when I was ready I should contact her.

Let's just say that I decided sooner rather than later was better.  I emailed Kasey and she immediately responded, saying that she was sorry but with my experience I'd be a top contender and oh by the way, there is position opening at our office, would you be interested?  Umm what?  Less than an hour after being told I was being laid off, I had another job offer.  It's not a definite yet cause there are some details to work out.  And even if I don't get this position, suddenly I was reminded that I do have options and God does care about me.

I mean here I am freaking out, wondering why this has happened and what am I going to do?  And then in just that short period of time, God had already shown me that it was going to be ok, that He will provide for me.  I mean, how many times has He done this in the past?  Why do I always respond the same way instead of remembering how He took care of me the last time?  It was a good reminder for me to take a step back, breathe deeply, and remember that God really does care about me and has a plan for me even when I can't see it.

Still not thrilled about the lay off, but God has already taught me something through it so for that I'm grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment