Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Perspective

I got a bit of it today!  Even now as I'm typing I have tears rolling down my face. 

All day a friend from Denver kept showing up in my news feed on Facebook.  He and I were never close but we did have the same circle of friends so we hung out together on many occasions.  I finally took the time to find out what was going and and found out that he was diagnosed with a tumor on his brain stem yesterday.  He went to the ER for something else and was diagnosed.  It's so serious that they are beginning radiation immediately and trying to decide if they'll do chemo.  Because the brain stem is so delicate they aren't sure what they can do.  He's a year older than I am!  Yep, I'm kind of freaked out.

I suddenly realized that my problems/issues are nothing compared to what he's got going on right now!  How can I be so selfish and inwardly focused when his life has just changed forever?  He loves Jesus and has a whole YWAM community praying for him so I know that whatever the outcome is, Jesus will get the credit and some cool stuff will happen along the way.

And for me...well, it's just a reminder to get my head back in the game and stop sitting on the sidelines!

No comments:

Post a Comment